Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The craziness continues...

I don't even know where to begin! Let me back up a bit...
So, we got a full-price offer on our house a week and a half ago...and because we hadn't found anything to immediately put an offer on, the couple that wanted to buy our house gave us two weeks to look before canceling the offer. So, we've been out frantically searching with our wonderful friend Dana Crocker with Remax (highly recommend her by the way for anyone considering buying/selling) and we've been stumped! - we just haven't found "the house"! - except one in Metzger by Jer & Angie (but they wouldn't accept our offer because they had just listed it and we wanted them to come down $15k). That is until the night before last! We got home from seeing a few houses on Monday night and I was getting a little frustrated...nothing felt right for us! We sat down with Dana and started asking her what we should do? - look a little further out than we'd like or just "settle" on something that's not ideal, or just stay put. We decided maybe we should consider/buy the Metger house and just live it with all the 80's finishes until we can gradually fix it up...not ideal for me because I like NEW NEW NEW!! - and would almost rather stay in our little house that's done. So, we decided to give it another day or two. Later that night I was looking on craigslist and found a house fsbo at the very tip-top of our price range...but it had been completly remodeled...new everything including stainless steel appliances and all the finishes were neutral and honestly it had EVERYTHING Ben and I had put on our wish list!! - in fact...I've been watching it for the past few weeks but it's been way out of our budget and I just look at it, dream a bit, and keep clicking!! It's just a crazy deal because the night I found it, he had it on craigslist for $30k less than the day before - I was soo excited because that would work for us!! So Ben went with me yesterday to look at it and we were like, "SWEET, this must be it...it's perfect for us!" So, today we were planning on putting an offer on it to buy.
So, this morning we had scheduled to have a couple from N. Carolina look at our house (because it wasn't in "pending" mode quite yet and we didn't want to shut our doors), so I was getting ready to call them this morning and say, "Hey, we found our house, we're going to be closing on ours, never mind and good luck!" - when while I was getting ready to dial their number, my phone rings...it's the Realtor for the couple buying our house.
Let me back up now...this morning in my quiet time I kept praying, "Lord, please put a giant boulder in front of us to let us know this isn't the house for us because we love it and want to put an offer on it today!" - okay, back to the story...so, the Realtor calls and guess what - it's a boulder - a giant one!!!!!! :) - he said the couple's mortgage program they were using to buy our house isn't available anymore and they can't get another loan that will work for them financially and they have to back out!! - CRAZY! I was like, okay, no problem, there's some serious clarity Lord!! :) Then I thought, okay, I'm not going to cancel on the N. Carolina people!!! :) And, we're not going to write an offer on the other "perfect" house today...pretty much, we're back to square one!! So, the couple from N. Carolina came through and they were so sweet. They were placing their furniture in their minds and saying how cute everything was, but who knows!!! - we might never hear back from them...but it showed me that there is still a lot of people stopping by everyday and somehow, somewhere at the right time, there's a house for us...and that our wonderful, loving Father has our backs and is protecting us and guiding us! It was actually really cool to see His hand today because we've been looking for direction from Him sooo much lately! And, who knows...maybe that will buy us the time we need for the owners of the Metzger house to want to negotiate more and come down to where we need it to be! :) - so I can re-do it! :) - and it will all work out in the end! :)

So, continue to pray direction for us! We're totally at peace with where things are at and thankful the Lord is totally in control!! Thanks for your prayers!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Where do I start!? I am so excited for you guys and so is Levi, so much so that we were ready with our trailer to shoot up to P-town to help you guys move this week if and when your house sold :0) And we are sill willing whenever you guys get ready to go!

Also I am so happy to see that you share my sense of humor! I was absolutely dying over that video but when I showed it to Levi he gave it a chuckle then moved onto something else!

And finally, I got a Canon Rebel XT just like yours, I think, and an 18-55mm lens, but I am also going to get the 50mm for portraiture. I just couldn't decide on the lense thing so we found a sale at radio shack which included the 18-55 for a really good price and decided just to go with it and get the other lens too.

I can't wait to start shooting away!!

Wow! I should have just emailed you :0)
Hugs

AshlandFive said...

That is so great that you guys just walked the path and listened to what the Spirit was guiding you to do. I will continue to pray that the Lord leads you to the right place. Thanks for sharing!

BETHANY said...

I love it when the Lord gives us crystal clear direction. Praying that this whole house situation works out perfectly and simply.

Suzanne said...

HI Jessica - I'm so glad you posted the update - I've been really thinking and praying for you guys during your frantic search for just the right home. God really does have perfect timing, doesn't he.

Kristi said...

Thanks for the update. we'll keep praying.