Saturday, February 28, 2009

My baby turns 4

Four years ago yesterday, our sweet princess was placed into our arms and I fell in love! I can't believe it's been four years!! It's been an amazingly fun, wonderful, hard, joyous and rewarding four years!! She is the most amazing little girl I have ever met and we thank God for her!!
Today we had a princess tea party with a few close friends and family. I made a tea pot cake for her and some tea cup muffins for her friends. I was actually pretty pleased with how everything turned out...of course, nothing is perfect, but mama was happy! :) Here are a few pics of the cake and one with me and my sweet girl!
I baked the cake mix right in the cups...makes for some easy tea cup cakes! :)

I learned a fun trick for all the chocolate swirls and lettering. You take some choco chips and melt them in a zip lock bag (slowly...20 sec at a time). Then, get out some wax paper, snip just the tip off the zip lock bag, and start "drawing" with the chocolate on the wax paper. Once dry, you can just peal them up...whalllllah...yummy chocolate writing/letters/swirls! :)




6 comments:

Marion Acres said...

Oh my goodness!! You should start a cake decorating business! You did a fantastic job! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Ashley said...

Pretty stinkin' impressive cake!!! I LOVE that idea, Happy Birthday Sweet girl! We love ya!!

Jodiferkay said...

Wow, LOVE it! How did you make the teapot shaped cake? Did you have a special pan?

Jessica said...

I cooked the cake mix in a regular cake pan (9") and then put the rest of it in a glass pyrex bowl. Then cut both layers in half (so there was four layers of cake, three layers of frosting), stuck it in the fridge for 45 minutes and began to carve it into that shape. A few days before that though I made the handle and spout and let them dry (out of fondant) and then stuck those on with toothpicks and frosting. Hope that helps! :)

Jessica said...

Totally impressive, Jess! You and Kim should start a party planning/cake decorating business...I would hire you :)

The Boggs Family said...

Those are absolutely amazing and look better than a bakery!! You should be so incredibly proud of yourself!!!