Friday, June 6, 2008

Family update

Hi all! Things have been crazy crazy crazy here!! Today I went to Portland, finished cleaning out the house, left the keys on the counter, turned off the lights and said, "Good bye!". It was the last time I'd be walking through the house...and I was surprised how "unemotional" I was about it. I guess it's because I'm so excited at what the Lord has planned for us I'm looking ahead and not backwards. We've had some amazing memories in that home these past five years, but I'm looking forward to making new memories in the place the Lord has for us.
We've settled in with Todd and Stacie...overtaken their house I should say!! :) It's going to be a fun summer!! The kids LOVE having Aunt Stacie around and Mimi close by to play with. I think they are going to be sooo spoiled...well, maybe mommy is going to be sooo spoiled to have all this help!! Ben's been gone all week in Portland at school, but with Todd and Stacie here, it's been totally fine! - in fact, Nana even came to visit for a few days and I got lots of mommy time. Thanks Nana!!
Just a little update and a prayer request. We put an offer on a Short Sale property about 2.5 weeks ago. Once the first offer is received the banks can wait for as much as 30 days before making a decision because they're hoping they'll get more/better offers. They can wait and look at multiple offers. Because we put such a low offer in on this house, there is a chance the bank won't even accept it, but we're praying that if we are the only offer by June 15th (the cut off date), they will know there is a chance to lose more money if it goes into foreclosure...which is where it is heading towards...and decide to give the house to us!! :) So, please pray the Lord would continue to make our steps firm and continue to open doors for this home in Tigard. And, if this isn't the home He has for us, that he would close the doors quickly so we can get really serious at looking for other properties.
I'm hoping to get some pics of the kiddos next week when things slow down finally!! :) Easton just turned one year old!! I can't believe it!! So, I'm hoping to get some "cute" one year shots of him soon!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow! Lots of changing going on! So sad we didn't get to meet up in Eugene while we criss crossed paths. It always seems to be so crazy hectic when we go over there that there is little time for spontinaity :0( We'll continue praying and HAPPY BIRTHDAY EASTON!!!! I just realized that Linc will be one in five months! OH MY! We love you!!
ash